- 2 bunches of young Quebec asparagus
- 1 tomato
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 2 medium eggs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) plain yogurt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Peel asparagus and cut into thirds.
- Quarter tomato and remove seeds. Brown in oven for 4 min. and peel. Cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 7 to 8 min., watching closely because the asparagus must remain firm. Drain.
- Mix asparagus stems (not tips), tomato, cream, eggs, yogurt, nutmeg, salt and pepper in food processor. Blend thoroughly.
- Butter four 6-cm (approx. 21/2-in.) soufflé molds. Stand the asparagus tips around the molds' edges. Fill the center with the tomato mixture (keep a little for the garnish). Put the molds into a saucepan containing water. Bring to a boil then bake in oven for 30 min. Allow to cool for 10 min.
- To remove from mold, delicately pass a knife around the mold to detach the asparagus palisade from the sides, being careful to keep it intact. Remove the palisades from the molds.
- Arrange in the serving plate and drizzle with the reserved uncooked tomato mixture.