- 500 ml (2 cups) Quebec green beans, blanched*
- 1 bunch watercress, washed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) roasted pecans
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) your choice of fresh herb leaves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 honey melon or cantaloupe, cubed
- Fleur de sel and ground pepper to taste
Separate green beans in half lengthwise with your fingers and transfer to a salad bowl. Add watercress, pecans and herbs. Mix and set aside in a refrigerator. Mix honey and lemon juice in a bowl; add olive oil in a thin stream while whisking constantly. When ready to serve, add melon cubes and honey dressing. Season with fleur de sel and ground pepper to taste and voilà!
*To blanch green beans, plunge for 2 min in salted boiling water. Stop cooking by immersing the blanched beans in ice water; that way, they will keep their bright green colour.