- 1 kg (2 1/4 lbs) portobello mushrooms
- 2 peeled apples
- 150 g (5 oz.) onions
- 60 ml (approx. 1/4 cup) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% whipping cream
- 1 pinch crushed pink pepper
- Hollow out 4 large mushrooms, leaving 1 cm (approx. 1/2 in.) thickness. Chop mushroom flesh, apples and onions. In a saucepan, sweat the chopped mixture in butter. Add flour and cook 1 min. Pour in chicken stock and simmer 15 min. Beat in blender until creamy.
- Return to saucepan. Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste; add half the 35% cream. Mix slightly. Whip the rest of the cream to stiff peaks.
- Poor soup into hollowed out mushrooms bowls, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed pink pepper.