- 1 butternut squash
- 4 Quebec apples
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken stock, homemade or ready-made
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml (approx. 2/3 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 1 Quebec tomato
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh coriander
- Peel squash and apples. Remove seeds from squash and coarsely dice. Chop onion. Peel and dice potato. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot; add squash, apples, onion and potato. Cook until liquid begins to form. Pour in chicken stock and simmer over medium heat for 20 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- When all vegetables are cooked, purée in food processor and return mixture to pot. Mix in cream. Just before serving, dice tomato and divide into the 6 or 8 bowls. Pour hot soup over tomato and garnish with coriander.