- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 Quebec apple, sliced
- 340 g (12 oz.) spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 340 g (12 oz.) foie gras
- Bread crumbs
- 200 ml (7 oz.) cider
- 4 slices carrot cake, homemade or store bought (without icing)
- Melt butter in skillet, quickly brown apple slices on both sides, making sure they remain firm, remove and set aside.
- Sauté spinach in the same skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut foie gras into 4 cutlets, season with salt and pepper and coat with bread crumbs. Fry cutlets in skillet, remove and set aside.
- Remove excess fat and deglaze skillet with cider.
- To serve, place a slice of cake in each plate, layer with a slice of apple, spinach and cutlet. Drizzle cooking juices from skillet over each.