- 4 Quebec endives
- 75 ml (5 tbsp.) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) grapefruit juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 600 g (approx. 11/4 lbs) calf liver, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) honey, plain or flavoured honey
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cut endives in half and arrange in a baking dish. Add 75 ml (5 tbsp.) butter and cup of juice, and bake for 13 min.
- While endives are baking, melt 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter in a skillet over medium heat, flour slices of liver and brown on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Add honey and allow to caramelize.
- Divide slices of liver among serving plates. Remove endives from oven and arrange two halves of endive in each serving plate. Drizzle liver with cooking juices and serve immediately.