- 410 ml (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) ice water (add more as needed)
- 1 litre (4 cups) Quebec raspberries
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) minute tapioca
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) lemon zest, grated
- Milk and sugar for glazing
- Icing sugar to garnish
- To make pie dough, mix flour, salt and sugar in the food processor. Add cold butter cut into cubes and egg yolk. Mix until crumbly. Add enough ice water for the dough to form a ball. Divide into six, flattening into small disks and refrigerate wrapped in plastic film for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°C (205°F). Prepare filling by mixing all ingredients in a bowl except glaze ingredients and icing sugar. Roll out dough to form six 17-cm (6-in.) disks. Divide fruit mixture among the six tart shells, heaping it in the centre. Spread mixture to 4 cm (1 1/2 in.) from the edge and fold back the sides towards the centre to form lovely tarts with scalloped edges.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet covered with aluminium foil. Brush the crust with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake on bottom rack for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and dust with icing sugar.