- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cashews
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) dried thyme
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) garlic flower
- 2 Quebec celery stalks, diced
- 1 Quebec red pepper, diced
- 3 Quebec scallions, snipped
- 500 ml (2 cups) cooked lentils, drained
- 4 fresh figs, quartered (Apples could also be used.)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast nuts slightly in a non-stick skillet over high heat; remove nuts from skillet and set aside. Pour vinegar into the same skillet and add thyme. Reduce liquid by half. Pour into a salad bowl. Add olive oil and garlic flower. Whip with a fork to emulsify. Add celery, pepper, scallion and lentils.
- Toss delicately and dot with pieces of fig and toasted cashews. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with celery leaves if desired.