- 500 ml (2 cups) flour
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) cinnamon
- 1.2 ml (1/4 tsp.) nutmeg
- 1.2 ml (1/4 tsp.) allspice
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking soda
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 1.2 ml (1/4 tsp.) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 284 ml (10 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) pure vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped walnuts
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- Icing sugar to garnish
Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Sift dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and brown sugar. Beat until sugar dissolves. Gradually add half the dry ingredients to egg mixture; add can of condensed soup and vanilla. Beat; add rest of dry ingredients as well as nuts and cranberries.
- Pour batter into a buttered and floured 23 cm x 13 cm (9 in. x 5 in.) loaf pan.
- Bake 35 min. Remove from mold, allow to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.