- 250 ml (1 cup) whole grain rice
- 1 laurel leaf
- 4 Quebec sweet peppers, different colours
- 2 Quebec tomatoes
- 1-2 scallions (to taste)
- 250 ml (1 cup) in all of various legumes (chickpeas, red kidney beans, etc.),
i.e. approximately 175 g (6 oz.)
- Sprigs of parsley and mint leaves, minced
- Boston or curly lettuce, according to preference
- Hazelnut oil or salad dressing, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Cook rice for around twenty minutes in salted boiling water with a laurel leaf. Reduce heat to minimum, cover and continue steaming.
- Sliver peppers and dice tomatoes. Thinly slice scallions. Keep a few slices for garnish.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients one half at a time, incorporating oil or dressing according to preference*. Toss delicately. Season to taste.
* You could also use another type of salad oil such as sunflower oil or safflower oil.