- 3 English muffins, store-bought
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 3 Spartan apples
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 6 fresh mini goat cheeses
- Pine nuts, roasted
- Pink peppercorns, crushed
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) white wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Dijon mustard
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) maple syrup
- 2 endives
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Separate each muffin in two. Spread both sides with half the butter. With oven shelf at highest position, brown on baking sheet until golden. Remove baking sheet from oven and set aside.
- Peel apples. Remove core keeping the apples whole. Cut crossways into six 1-cm slices. Dip in lemon juice to prevent browning. Melt the rest of the butter in a skillet, and fry apples over medium-high heat for two minutes on both sides. Set aside.
- Place an apple slide on each muffin half on the baking sheet and top with mini cheese. Bake for 10 min. in oven preheated to 180ºC (350ºF). Remove from oven, sprinkle with pine nuts and crushed peppercorns.
- Prepare dressing by mixing oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard and maple syrup in a salad bowl. Add endives and thinly sliced cabbage. (Vary by using radicchio instead.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon some dressing on each galopin.