- 2 carrots
- 125 g (1/2 cup) plain yogurt or sour cream
- Snipped fresh herbs of your choice (set aside a few branches for garnishing)
- Salt and pepper
- Pink peppercorns
- Peel carrots and slice into 2.5-cm (1-in.) lengths. Keep one side of the carrot flat to serve as the base of the flower. Hollow out each piece and sculpt flower petals with a paring knife.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in carrot pieces and parboil for 4 min. Drain carrots and rinse in cold water.
- To make stem, stick a wooden skewer into each flower.
- Mix yogurt/sour cream with snipped herbs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each carrot flower with mixture; decorate by sprinkling with more snipped herbs and pink peppercorns. Make carrot flower arrangements by standing bouquets of flowers with herb branches in tall glasses.