- 100 g (31/2 oz.) bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 French shallot, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Boston lettuce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Quebec carrot julienne
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) beet julienne
In a skillet, fry bacon and shallots (the bacon fat will be enough). Pour vinegar and oil into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper, mix and set aside.
Spread Boston lettuce leaves forming a nice big flower. Drop carrot and beet julienne among the lettuce petals. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.