- 180 g (6 oz.) pizza dough, homemade or oven-ready
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) Quebec white or red onion, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) broccoli florets
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) 35% cream
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) parmesan cheese
- 170 g (6 oz.) fresh spinach or baby spinach, stemmed and sliced
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into julienne
- 1 red pepper, cut into julienne
- 1 green pepper, cut into julienne
- Olive oil to brush on Tartatta
- Fresh basil leaves, snipped
Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Lay dough in a pizza pan or large ovenproof plate.
- Sweat onion in butter in a skillet and transfer to paper towels.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in broccoli florets and parboil for just a few minutes. Drain. Pour cream into skillet, add salt, pepper and cheese, and simmer reducing by half. Add spinach and reduce again until thick and creamy. Turn off heat, and stir in eggs, mixing thoroughly.
- Spread creamy spinach sauce over pizza dough. Arrange peppers, onions and parboiled broccoli florets over sauce. Bake for 15 min. Remove from oven, brush with fine quality olive oil and sprinkle with snipped basil.