- 1 Savoy cabbage
- Mushrooms (shiitake, portobello, or other favourite)
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) meat sauce, homemade or ready-made
- 50 g (approx. 2 oz.) parmesan cheese
- 200 g (7 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Parboil cabbage leaves in a pot of salted boiling water and cool immediately. Thoroughly dry on paper towels.
- Slice mushrooms. Melt butter in a skillet over high heat and sauté mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To make lasagna, alternate layers of cabbage, meat sauce, mushrooms and cheese mixture in a lasagna dish. Reserve part of the mozzarella to top lasagna. Bake for 20 to 25 min. or until cheese topping is nicely browned.