- 2 white or red Quebec potatoes, washed
- Enough cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 duck cutlet
- Salt and pepper
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- Favourite fresh herbs
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Thinly slice potatoes. Soak for 5 min. in salted water. Drain and dry thoroughly on paper towels.
- Heat oil and deep fry chips until a nice golden colour. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Trim duck cutlet and season with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown cutlet on both sides, starting with fat side first. Continue cooking cutlets by baking for 8 to 10 min. Refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate squares in top of double boiler. Thinly slice cutlet and dip half of each slice in melted chocolate. Pile a few chips and top with a slice of cutlet; decorate with your favourite herb.