- 1 bunch Quebec broccoli (just the florets)
- Leaves of 3 small branches of fresh basil, washed and dried
- 100 ml (31/2 oz.) vegetable or olive oil
- 30 g (approx. 1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 450 g (1 lb.) farfalles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) capers
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 150 g (5 oz.) smoked salmon, cut into julienne
- 500 ml (2 cups) 35% cooking cream
- 250 g (approx. 1/2 lb.) parmesan, finely diced or grated
- Fresh ground pepper
Put broccoli, basil, oil and pine nuts into food processor or blender and purée. Set aside.
Cook pasta following package direction in salted boiling water. Set aside.
In a saucepan, sauté onions and capers in butter over high heat. Add smoked salmon and cream, and allow to reduce. Add parmesan and pepper; cook for 3 more min.
Add pasta to sauce. Toss thoroughly. Serve portions of pasta in each plate, and pesto on the side in little bowls, so your guests can add to taste.