- 3 red peppers
- 250 ml (1/2 cup) white vinegar
- 1.375 litres (51/2 cups) sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) salt
- 210 g (7 oz.) pectin
- Purée peppers in blender or food processor. Mix all ingredients, except pectin, in a large pot. Bring to a boil while stirring. Boil mixture until candy thermometer reaches 105°C (220°F). Turn off range and add pectin.
- Pour boiling red pepper preserveS into sterilized pickling jars.
- Allow to cool without lids. Seal each jar with a layer of paraffin. When pots are cool, screw on lids. Store jars in a cool dry place.