- 750 ml (3 cups) flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 3 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 100 ml (31/2 oz.) oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) Quebec ground cherries
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
- Fresh ground pepper
- 100 ml (31/2 oz.) English cream
- Mix flour and sugar in the electric mixer bowl. Pour in milk, add eggs and beat for 3 to 4 min. Mix in vanilla and let stand for 15 min.
- Heat oil in skillet. Pour approximately 125 ml (1/2 cup) of crêpe mixture into the skillet. Cook until the top bubbles and the bottom is golden. Turn crêpe and brown on the other side.
- Cook crêpes only once on each side. Remove crêpe and keep warm. Repeat until all the batter is cooked.
Remove gossamer-like covering and stem from ground cherries. Wash fruit under running water. Melt butter in another skillet over medium heat, add ground cherries and cook for 1 min. Add maple syrup and a little pepper; add English cream.
Mound stuffing down centre of crêpes and fold crêpe over itself to contain stuffing.