- 1 kg (21/4 lbs) turnip
- 2 fresh Quebec beets
- 6 sprigs summer savory
- 200 ml (7 oz.) wine vinegar
- 90 ml (6 tbsp.) salt
- 600 ml (approx. 21/2 cups) water
- Cut off both ends of turnip; peel, cut into sticks and wash.
- Wash and cut beets into big chunks.
- Distribute beet chunks and turnip sticks among 6 sterilized glass jars. Add a sprig of summer savory and 45 ml (2 tbsp. + 1 tsp.) vinegar to each jar.
- Pour water into a bowl, add salt and stir to dissolve. Pour enough salted water into jars to cover vegetables.
- Store jars at room temperature. Wait at least 10 days before using turnip.