- 2 medium-sized Quebec eggplants
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh thyme, minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) lemon zest, grated
- Coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh mint, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel eggplant and cut lengthwise into 1 ½-cm (1/2-inch) slices. Set aside. Mix olive oil, vinegar, thyme and lemon zest in a small bowl. Brush both sides of the slices of eggplant with this mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Barbecue over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes on both sides.
- Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce by mixing all ingredients in another bowl. Arrange grilled eggplant in a serving dish and top with yogurt sauce. Decorate with mint leaves if desired.