- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) tomato purée
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable juice
- 250 ml (1 cup) Quebec broccoli florets, parboiled and cooled
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) yellow pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) red onion, peeled and chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh coriander, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Beat first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add tomato purée, vegetable juice, broccoli florets and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cucumber, pepper, onion and coriander. Add half to the first mixture and set aside the remaining half for garnishing. Season to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavours to blend. Serve garnishing centre of each bowl of gazpacho with vegetables that were set aside.
- MENU Plaisirs maraîchers - 2005