- 1 pie crust, homemade or ready-made
- Dried peas or rice for baking blind
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 3 Quebec onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 3 eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) 15% cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) minced fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line 24-cm (9 1/2-in.) two-piece round or square quiche pan with pastry. Prick bottom with a fork and line with aluminium foil. Cover bottom with dried peas or rice and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove peas/rice and aluminium foil. Cool.
- Heat butter and oil in a large non-stick skillet. Cook onions over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add honey, cover and continue cooking until onions are caramelized. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, whisk eggs with cream, mustard and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread onions in pie shell. Pour egg mixture over onions.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until quiche is firm and golden.