- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) English Breakfast tea leaves
- 1 litre (4 cups) boiling water
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lemon balm leaves (or peppermint leaves), chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
- Ice cubes
- Quebec cantaloupe balls for garnish
- Watermelon balls for garnish
- Lemon balm leaves (or peppermint leaves) whole for garnish
- Drop English tea leaves into a teapot and add boiling water. Steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Filter tea into a pitcher.
- Rinse tea leaves out of teapot and drop in chopped lemon balm leaves and sugar. Pour the tea from the first infusion on the lemon balm and sugar. Allow to steep once more; cool for one hour.
- Filter and serve over ice. Garnish with a few cantaloupe and melon balls and whole lemon balm leaves.
- MENU Plaisirs maraîchers - 2005