- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) white wine
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boned chicken breasts
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise, homemade or ready-made
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) brown sugar
- 8 15-cm (6-in.) tortillas
- 250 ml (1 cup) lettuce of your choice, mixed with a few herbs
- Mix oil, white wine, thyme, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken breasts, covering with mixture; marinate for 20 to 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Drain chicken breasts and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until the meat is no longer pink. Cool slightly, shred into filaments and set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard and brown sugar in a bowl. Add chicken and lettuce; mix well; season to taste.
- Spread chicken mixture over half of each of the eight tortillas; fold other half of tortilla over chicken. Lightly brush outside with oil on both sides.
- Grill on barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Cut into pieces, if desired, and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves of your choice, accompanied by a side of cucumber salad.
- MENU Plaisirs maraîchers - 2005