- 90 ml (6 tbsp.) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh dill, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) radish sticks
- 90 ml (1/3 cup) celery, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red pepper, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 250-g trout filets, skinned
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) cold butter, diced
- 1 450-g (1-lb) bunch Quebec asparagus
- Mix 45 ml (3 tbsp.) oil, dill and lemon zest in a large glass bowl. Add fish fillets and coat well with marinate. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Soak onions in cold water for 5 minutes and drain. Mix onion, radish sticks, celery, red pepper and capers in a bowl. Set aside.
- Lay fillets in a large non-stick skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 180 ml (2/3 cup) water; cover; bring to a boil and poach for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat. The fish must not be completely cooked. Carefully remove fish fillets from skillet, cover and set aside in a warm place. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Add lemon juice and the remaining 45 ml (3 tbsp.) oil. Add butter cubes while whisking constantly until texture is creamy. Remove from heat and add reserved veggie mixture.
- While making sauce, set asparagus to steam till al dente. Lay fillets on a bed of asparagus or serve on the side. Cover with veggie sauce.