- 2 boned chicken breasts, grilled
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 3 scallions, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 1/2 Romaine lettuce, in pieces
- 1/2 leaf lettuce, in pieces
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Thinly slice barbecued chicken. Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a non-stick skillet. Add scallion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes; remove from heat and add cranberries.
- Mix Romaine lettuce, leaf lettuce and scallion mixture in a salad bowl. Top with sliced chicken and garnish with toasted almonds.
- To make salad dressing, whisk all ingredients together and drizzle over salad.