- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) salted herbs
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Asian pepper sauce (Sambal Olec)
- 1 Quebec carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into strips.
- 225 g (1/2 lb.) portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried herbs
- 375 ml (11/2 cups) smoked turkey (or ham) cubes
- 250 ml (1 cup) feta cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. fresh spinach (300 g), washed and coarsely chopped
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add salted herbs and pepper sauce and stir. One at a time, add carrot, parsnip, onion, garlic, red pepper, mushrooms and dried herbs. Cook until all vegetables are al dente. Add meat and cheese; mix well. Season to taste. Add spinach all at once and cover. Wilt spinach for a few minutes over medium heat and serve immediately.