- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) minced fresh ginger
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin seed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) mild curry powder
- 2 Quebec white onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Quebec red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) pickling salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) pink peppercorns
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 2 Quebec apples (Spartan or Cortland), peeled and diced
- Heat butter in a large pot over high heat. Add ginger, cumin and curry. Cook one minute. Add onion, garlic, cabbage, salt and pepper. Cook 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring once in a while. Add apricots and apples. Cook 8 minutes or until desired firmness.
- Serve with pork burgers.