Maple pumpkin pie
- 500 ml (2 cups) Quebec pumpkin flesh, cooked and puréed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 375 ml (11/2 cups) 15% cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) melted butter
- 1.2 ml (1/4 tsp.) ground ginger
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground nutmeg
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cinnamon
- 450 g (1 lb.) pie dough
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) grated maple sugar
- Mix all pie garnish ingredients except maple sugar in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Divide dough into 8. Roll out 8 circles that are 5 cm (2 in.) wider than a muffin cup. Line each muffin cup with the dough, scalloping the edges. Divide pumpkin mixture among the tart shells.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is cooked and filling takes. Remove from oven, cool and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- MENU Plaisirs maraîchers - 2005