- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) Quebec lamb cubes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) minced fresh rosemary
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Quebec tomatoes, diced
- 100 g (3 oz) feta cheese, diced or crumbled
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) minced fresh oregano
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 2 Quebec leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green part only)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix lamb cubes with olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix shallot, tomatoes, feta, and oregano in a bowl and season. Let stand at room temperature. Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add leek and cook stirring constantly over low heat for approximately 5 minutes or until leek is tender. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Season lamb cubes. Sear meat on all sides in a non-stick skillet. Oven roast for 8 to 10 minutes or more according to degree of doneness desired. Arrange leek in the centre of the plate, top with lamb cubes and garnish with tomato-feta mixture. If desired, serve with green salad.