- 500 g long pasta
- 250 ml (1 cup) Quebec broccoli florets
- 2 skinned chicken breasts cut into 1 cm (1/2 in.) cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) tomato paste
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) 15% country style cream
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into rings
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) red seedless grapes, halved
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated cauliflower
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dente, adding broccoli florets during the last minute of cooking time to blanch them. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Make sauce by first browning chicken in a hot skillet; add garlic. Then deglaze skillet with white wine. Scrape bottom of pan with a spoon to gather as much of the flavourful drippings as possible. Add tomato paste and cream. Cook over medium heat for 3 min. Add pasta to sauce. Add red pepper slices and grapes. Toss.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with grated cauliflower and parmesan.