- 1 Quebec pepper squash
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) butter
- 8 lasagne noodles, cooked and hot
- 500 ml (2 cups) creamy ricotta cheese
- Sage leaves, fried
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) peeled, chopped & toasted hazelnuts
- Thin stream of olive oil
Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds and filaments in centre cavity. Drizzle oil on the flesh, sprinkle with garlic and brown sugar and season with salt and pepper. Lay squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 40 min or until the tip of a knife can easily pierce the skin.
- Spoon out the cooked flesh into a bowl. Coarsely mash the cooked squash and add butter. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Layer pasta, squash and ricotta. Serve immediately with a few fried sage leaves and toasted walnuts. Drizzle with olive oil.