- 2 large Quebec carrots, peeled and cut into julienne or grated
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into julienne or grated
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into julienne or grated
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) sea salt
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Sour cream, to taste
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh Quebec herbs leaves of your choice (tarragon, Italian parsley, dill, chives, basil, etc.)
- Thin stream of olive oil
- Fleur de sel to taste
Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Mix vegetables in a bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let stand for 20 minutes (the salt helps to extract excess water from foods and, thus, softens them). Drain away water and dry vegetables as much as possible by wringing them out in a clean cloth or paper towel. Dust vegetables with flour, season with salt and pepper and form 1.5-cm (1/2-in.) patties.
- Cover bottom of a skillet with a shallow layer of oil and heat over medium. Lay patties in oil and fry for 4 min. on each side until golden. When the patties are crisp, transfer from skillet to a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 min.
- When ready to serve, top with sour cream, a slice of prosciutto and fresh herbs flavoured with a little olive oil and fleur de sel.