- 2 Quebec leeks, washed and sliced into rings
- 1 pat butter
- Thin stream of olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 4 preserved duckling legs, shredded
- 250 ml (1 cup) cheddar curd
Preheat oven broiler.
- In a large skillet, sweat leek in butter and oil over low heat until translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the celeriac in salted boiling water for 25 min. or until tender when pricked with a knife. Purée with a food processor or mixer, adding butter and milk. Season and set aside until ready to use.
- Distribute among four pastry cutters portions shredded duckling, leek and celeriac purée. Sprinkle with cheddar curd. Bake for 3 min.
- Unmold carefully and serve immediately.