- 1 L (4 cups) beef stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 star anise
- 1 citronella stick
- 8 Quebec Brussel sprout leaves
- 4 button mushrooms, quartered
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) corn kernels
- 12 very thin slices of beef
- Steep spices for 10 min. in the beef stock and remove. Just before serving, add vegetables and rare meat; the heat of the stock will be sufficient to cook them.
Soups are a staple of many cultures. Asians consider that soup strikes the right balance between texture, taste and health.
An everyday dish, it can be served as a delicious appetizer or a complete meal, when rice, noodles, fish, meat or tofu are added. Soup must also be a feast for the eyes. The contrast between the brightly coloured crunchy vegetables is as important as its aroma and taste.