- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh goat cheese at room temperature
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4 large Quebec beets (red or yellow*), baked and quartered
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 raw fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh herbs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) peeled, toasted hazelnuts
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Broiled meat of your choice
- Cream goat cheese with olive oil and lemon zest (if the mixture seems a little stiff, warm a few seconds in the microwave). Set aside.
- Mix vegetables, fresh herbs and hazelnuts in a salad bowl. Add cheese mixture and stir delicately to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve this salad with your favourite grilled meat (the picture shows grilled Merguez sausage).
*Yellow beets will not colour the other salad ingredients.