- 12 lasagna sheets
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) ricotta cheese
- 8 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 600g (21 oz.) parmigiano cheese, coarsely grated
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- fresh basil, torn
Preheat oven to 350°F. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cook lasagna sheets in a pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain and sprinkle with olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Grill zucchini slices on both sides until tender. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- In a lasagna pan, coat bottom with tomato sauce and top with zucchini, then a layer of lasagna sheets, zucchini mixture, ricotta, and sauce. Keep repeating layers until pan is full, finishing with tomato sauce and parmigiano cheese.
- Before baking, make sure all sides are tucked in to avoid burning. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.