- 16 asparagus stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over low heat, sweat onion and asparagus in olive oil until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper, and add to skillet. Once edges begin to brown, flip omelette and finish cooking on other side.
Every region of Italy has their signature frittata ingredients that they like to use, and therefore substitutions or additions for asparagus and onions are welcome in this recipe.