- 400g (14 oz.) spaghetti
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) strawberries, halved
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- grated parmigiano cheese, to taste
- sage leaves, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, purée strawberries with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- While blending, drizzle in olive oil. In a skillet over medium heat, sweat onion with butter.
- Combine with strawberry mixture and reduce heat. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Incorporate cooked pasta into strawberry sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Top with sage leaves and parmigiano.
Adding fruit to pasta is unconventional, yet delicious. This pasta is best served as an appetizer.