- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) beef tenderloin, quartered
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red onion, shaved
- 1 lemon
- extra-virgin olive, to drizzle
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Cover meat with a sheet of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until roughly ¼ cm (1/10 inch) thick.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, toss onion and tomatoes in a bowl with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to taste.
- Serve grilled meat with tomato salad.
This cut of meat should be cooked with intense heat for a short period of time, as filet mignon is very tender and best served rare. Pork or veal tenderloin can be great substitutes for this dish, but would require the meat to be cooked a little longer.