- 36 Quebec green beans
- 250 g (1/2 lb.) old-style white cheese or cream cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh chives, snipped
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, tomato or plain
- 180 g (6 oz.) cold-smoke salmon
- 1 small Quebec red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Quebec tomatoes, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fleur de Sel or Maldon Sea Salt or Guérande Salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the green beans in salted boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes or until they’re crunchy. Drain and dip in ice water; drain again, removing all excess water.
- Mix cheese and chives in a small bowl. Season and mix well. Lay tortillas on work surface. Divide the cheese among the four tortillas and spread to the edges. Arrange nine beans on the near side of the tortilla and the smoked salmon over the centre. Arrange red onion rings on the salmon and roll tortilla starting at the bean side.
- Slice tortillas slantwise and serve with slices of perfectly ripened tomato drizzled with gourmet olive oil and seasoned with freshly ground pepper and gourmet salt.