- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tray of fresh Quebec raspberries
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken broth, homemade or ready-made
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh thyme leaves
- 250 ml (1 cup) demiglace sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 250-g (8-oz.) pork filets, trimmed (remove excess fat)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small pan. Brown shallots 2 minutes. Add raspberries and honey, and simmer 2 minutes. Add white wine, chicken stock and thyme; bring to a boil. Add demiglace sauce and simmer for 15 minutes more. Strain sauce in a cheese cloth (or a very fine sieve) and set aside keeping warm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season and sear filets on all sides. Oven roast for 15 to 20 minutes or more according to degree of doneness desired.
- Remove filets from the oven, cover and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Drain off cooking juices and add to sauce. If desired, serve with broccoli purée and buttered Brussel sprout or any other favourite vegetable. Garnish with fresh raspberries and top with sauce.