- 1 box of Quebec strawberries, finely diced
- 1/2 Quebec cantaloupe, finely diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) grated or minced fresh ginger
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lime juice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 or 3 Quebec endives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Delicately toss strawberries, cantaloupe, ginger, vinegar, lime juice, oil and coriander in a bowl. Season and let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Cut off base of endives and remove thirty leaves or so. Drop a spoonful of tartar in each leaf and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve immediately.