- 2 medium Quebec potatoes
- 3 small eggplants
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 4 Quebec scallions, sliced into 3-cm (1 1/2-in.) pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 400-ml (14-oz.) can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) green or red curry paste
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil
- 500 g (1 lb.) shrimp
- 250 ml (1 cup) snow peas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water for approximately 10 minutes, must still bebfirm in the centre when pricked with a fork. Remove from heat; drain and peel while potatoes are still hot. Dice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté shrimp for 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside. In the same skillet, brown eggplant and red pepper strips with a bit of oil for 5 minutes; add scallion and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Dilute curry paste with chicken stock. Pour curry mixture and coconut milk into skillet; add diced potatoes. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring regularly with wooden spoon. Add shrimp and reheat a few minutes. Serve with basmati or jasmine rice.