- 90 ml (6 tbsp.) red wine vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 L (8 cups) thinly sliced Quebec red cabbage
- 4 Polish sausages (Kielbasa, Strasbourg, cervelas or any other smoked cooked sausage), cut into 2-cm (3/4-in.) slices
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) minced scallion
Preheat oven to 100°C (200°F).
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl till emulsified into a dressing. Set aside.
- Parboil cabbage for 2 minutes in a pot of water seasoned with salt and vinegar. The cabbage must remain a little crunchy.
- Drain and transfer to a casserole dish; cover with aluminium foil and set aside in oven. Sauté sausage in butter in a non-stick skillet until nicely browned, approximately 5 minutes. Remove excess fat.
- Remove from heat and lay on top of cabbage in casserole. Pour in dressing and mix well. Garnish with minced scallion. Serve hot with mashed potatoes flavoured with celeriac.