- 2 Quebec summer squashes
- 1/2 leek, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chicken base
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) bread crumbs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 ℃ (350 °F).
- Halve summer squash lengthwise. Hollow out the full length of the squash with a spoon to make room for the stuffing. Dice the spooned out flesh. Set aside.
- Brown leak and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped red pepper, mushroom, celery, tomato and squash. Blend thoroughly. Continue cooking 4-5 minutes. Add chicken base, bread crumbs and pine nuts.
- Stuff hollowed out squash with mixture and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Serve hot.