- 1 carrot
- 250 ml (1 cup) Quebec cabbage
- 1 summer squash
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 ml (2 cups) tomato juice
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shred carrot, cabbage and summer squash with a food processor*.
- Toss shredded vegetables together in a bowl. Add scallion, garlic, tomato juice, water and chopped basil. Mix.
- Cool in refrigerator. Season with salt and pepper.
- Decorate with scallion and snipped basil leaves. Serve cold in martini glasses.
* If you don’t have a food processor, use a mandolin slicer or a cheese grater.