- 2 Quebec leeks
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) cauliflower and broccoli
- Olive oil
- 10-12 sheets phyllo dough
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) butter, melted
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Emmenthaler or Swiss cheese, grated
- Chop vegetables into little pieces. Brown in olive oil a few minutes. Quickly work the phyllo dough, taking care to cover remaining sheets with a damp cloth. Brush each sheet with melted butter, layering as you go. Cut the layered sheets into 4 or 6 squares.
- Lay prosciutto, vegetables, pine nuts and cheese in centre of each square and fold diagonally, corner to corner and seal. Work quickly and carefully, as phyllo dough is very fragile. Add butter as needed.
- Place turnovers as you go on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven preheated to 190 ºC (375 ºF), for approximately 35-40 minutes or until dough is a lovely golden brown.