- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 Quebec carrot, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, slivered
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) millet* or couscous
- 1 540-ml (19-oz.) can mixed legumes
- 1/2 summer squash, diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) minced fresh parsley
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) Herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, brown onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add carrot and green pepper. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add hot stock, millet, legumes and the rest of the ingredients. Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until millet is thoroughly cooked.
Season with salt and pepper. Add water as needed.
* Smaller than wheat or rice, millet is a little-known cereal. If you don’t have any millet on hand, couscous can be used instead.